OC has installed Houston's first Bridge lap laser system as a freestanding facility
- We use the latest cutting-edge technology when simulating patients
- A 4D CT scan allows visualization of the motion of the tumor and surrounding organs during the breathing cycle, which helps in the estimation of sufficient target margins for radiation treatment planning.
- Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH) is a radiation therapy technique where patients take a deep breath during treatment and hold this breath while the radiation is delivered. By taking a deep breath, your lungs fill with air and your heart will move away from your chest--GREAT FOR LEFT BREAST CANCER PATIENTS.
- Name of the machine: GE Discovery RT for the CT simulations. This includes the 4D and Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH)protocol use.
- Name of the laser system: Bridge LAP laser system