Kuan Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Precision Cancer Center, Board Certified in Radiation Oncology by the American Board of Radiology
Dr. Yu specializes in radiation therapy cancer treatment and coordinates your cancer care with your primary physician and other oncology specialists. Board certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) for Radiation Oncology, Dr. Yu earned his medical degree and Ph.D. in Cancer Biology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. After completing residency at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, he was appointed a faculty position as Assistant Professor at MD Anderson for 5 years. He has been the radiation oncologist at Houston Precision Cancer Center since its opening in 2010.
Brain Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Prostate Cancer, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, Image Guided Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy
- Medical Degree: UT Health Science Center -Houston, Texas
- Doctor of Philosophy in Cancer Biology: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center - Houston, Texas
- Residency: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center - Houston, Texas
- Assistant Professor for five years: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center - Houston, Texas
- Houstonia Top Doctor for Radiation Oncology, 2015-2023
- Top Oncologists, Guide to America’s Top Oncologist from Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Author/Co-author of over 50 scientific publications
- Fellowship Grants from National Cancer Institute
- U.S. Department of Defense Research Grant