Bhuvana Sagar, M.D.
American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified in Medical Oncology
Dr. Sagar is a practicing Oncologist in the Houston community. She was a National Medical Executive at Cigna Health Care and lead the cancer program 2013-2021. This included the utilization management team, case management, various clinical programs for the health plan and is considered a thought leader in value-based care in oncology. She collaborates with practices nationwide, including National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Community oncology alliance and the National Academies of Sciences. She cares about patient centered care and believes in shared decision making and optimal cancer delivery. She also enjoys helping navigate patients through their cancer care journey.
Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Multiple Myeloma, Colorectal Cancer, Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Melanoma, Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Medical Degree: Kilpauk Medical College - Madras, India
- Residency: St. Luke's Roosevelt - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons - New York, New York
- Fellowship: University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston, Texas
- Clinical lead on the oncology value-based programs in oncology, 2015- 2021
- Population Health Management in cancer care in Medicare Advantage and commercial health plans, 2013- 2021
VALUE BASED PRESENTATIONS
- National Academies Workshop on Cancer Care and Cancer Research: National Cancer Policy Forum: Panelist on Improving Cancer Care Delivery and Advance Health Equity beyond COVID-19 Pandemic July 2021.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Annual Meeting: Virtual Panel: The Role of Biosimilars March 2020
- Community Oncology Alliance, Panelist: “Issues/challenges and opportunities of implementing the oncology care model.” Washington DC, October 2016