Julio A. Peguero, M.D.
Medical Director of Research, American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified in Medical Oncology
Dr. Julio A. Peguero is a member of the American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Texas Society of Medical Oncology, and the American Society of Hematology.
Lung Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Lymphoma, Breast Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, Leukemia, Colon Cancer, Clinical Research, Multiple Myeloma
- Medical Degree: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara - Guadalajara, Mexico
- Residency: The University of Texas Dell Medical School - Austin, Texas
- Fellowship: Chief Fellow, University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston, Texas
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Zeras Monthly: Super Doctors, 2016 and 2017
- Zeras Monthly “Rising Star” 2016 and 2017
- UTMB Medical Oncology “bellow of the Year”
- Successful implementation of a novel trial model: The Signature Program, ASCO J Clinical Oncology 33, 2015
- Impending Carotid Blow Out Syndrome: Response to Multimodality Therapy in Giant Size Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma; ICO; March 31, 2014
- Peover J, Khanfar A, Mannem S. Willis WM, Markowns A. Impending Carotid Blowout Syndrome. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Aug 10;33:23):e97-8. dot: 10.1200-ICO.2013. 18.9641, Epub 2014 Mar 31. No abstract available.
- Julio Peguero, James A. Knost, Matthew Taylor, kadi Braiteh, Paul bder, Howard Safran, Bert O'Neil, Ayal Alea, Lincoln Nadauld, Prashant Joshi, Rajinder Sidhu, Joy Ero, Eric Slosberg, Claudia Lebedinsk, Barinder Kang, Sudha Parasuraman, Sarina A. Ptha-Paul. Successful implementation of a novel trial model: The Signature program, ASCO J Clin Oncol 33, 2015.
- Rugo HS, Seneviratne L, Beck JT, Glaspy JA, Peguero JA, Pluard TY, Dhillon N, Hwang LC, Nangia C, Mayer 1A, Meiller Th, Chambers MS, Sweetman RW 13, Sabo JR13, Litton JK 12. Prevention of everolimus-related stomatitis tn women with hormone receptor- positive, HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer using dexamethasone mouthwash ‘SWISH: a single-arm, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. May318;5!:05-4-0662,2017. Dot: 10. 1016S 1470- 2049, 17: 30109-2.